MiBroadband is a recently formed Broadband Provider in partnership with long-standing area cooperatives; Harmony Telephone, Spring Grove Communications, Mabel Co-op Telephone Company and MiEnergy Cooperative to provide a local fixed wireless broadband service option in southeast Minnesota and northeast Iowa. Duties include providing high quality, effective and efficient service and support to all customers and potential customers during the installation and repair process. Install, maintain and service member premise equipment within a fixed wireless, fiber, copper or collocation network. Service and understand the facilities of the network and the fixed wireless infrastructure. Partner with all departments and network support in providing the highest quality on-premise service to both residential and business clients. Ability to utilize common tools and equipment related to the mounting and alignment of antennas, radio transmission line and related electronics, etc. Monitor and follow up that the system is running and monitor system performance to ensure that demands are being met.
Essential Job Functions (May include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
• Actively encourage teamwork, open communication and cooperative interaction by promoting a positive work environment that reflects the company’s vision and values.
• Handle all information in an unbiased and confidential manner.
• Maintain strong knowledge of all products and services offered by Harmony Telephone Company.
• Maintain wireless customer networks and workstation hardware and software.
• Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
• Repair wireless equipment for the purpose of ensuring service is provided timely and appropriately to those customers needing services.
• Recommend repairs, perform authorized repairs, perform post repair checks, address walk-in customers, and answer customer questions as needed.
• Complete paperwork, maintain repair parts in inventory, maintain confidentiality regarding information being processed or stored, and perform customer follow up.
• Responsible for installing new service to and within the customer premise and diagnosing and repairing problems for existing services to and within the customer premise.
• Provide computer maintenance both internally and to Harmony Telephone Company’s customers. Duties included but are not limited to virus protection administration, computer cleanup, software and hardware maintenance.
• Ability to provide troubleshooting techniques pertaining to routers, devices, SGC email, password management, and SGC-TV.
• Perform basic networking set-up and maintenance.
• Provide customer education regarding computers and other internet enabled devices.
• Maintain a clean vehicle and working environment as to ensure the safety of all employees, vendors and customers.
• Perform other related duties assigned by Management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Advanced knowledge of Company policies, procedures, products and services.
• Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record history.
• Ability to describe and demonstrate products and features to customers.
• Ability to complete work accurately under time constraints and deadlines.
• Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
• Ability to function effectively as a team player as well as work independently.
• Knowledge of network troubleshooting techniques and understanding of Microsoft Office Applications.
• Self–motivated, exhibiting abilities to make difficult and sound decisions under times of stress or duress.
• Strong interpersonal skills as well as exceptional customer service skills.
• Excellent organization and documentation skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of the procedures of installing and maintaining hardware and software, telephone, wireless systems, modems, routers, network security and back up techniques.
• Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs, smart phone, and telephone systems.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to evaluate, test and repair sophisticated equipment.
• Experience working with basic hand tools.
• Ability to improve or redesign procedures for specific installation/repair problems.
• Drive to learn new skills and stay current with changing technology.
Education and Experience Desired
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each item under “Essential Job Functions” satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School Diploma – Required
• Certifications or previous experience equivalent in networking, computer repair or technical support preferred
• Mathematical Skills
• Computer Skills
• Troubleshooting Skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSPhysical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Defined by a Supervisor or Management
• Proof U.S. Work Eligibility
• On-going training when deemed by Management
• Valid Driver’s License
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.