Harmony Telephone is seeking a full time Accountant to join our crew of humble, hard-working, and fun telecommunications professionals! We’re looking for someone who can prepare financial statements on a monthly basis while providing an analysis of the budget as well as variances. This person will be responsible for the preparation, care and maintenance of the accounting records of the Company and its subsidiaries.
Essential Job Functions (May include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers and financial records, prepares and posts journal entries and performs account transaction analysis to ensure accuracy.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Prepares various financial reports for use by management.
- Processes accounts payable transactions.
- Cash and/or accounts receivable duties.
- Assists with, or processes, the biweekly payroll processing functions.
- Maintains plant accounting records.
- Assists in maintaining capital credit records.
- Assists with, or performs, the monthly CABS processing and reporting.
- Prepares and file required financial reports for taxing and regulatory bodies.
- Maintains and updates various Excel and other worksheets, daily, monthly or annually.
- May collect money owed on unpaid accounts and insufficient funds checks as needed.
- Processes all billing for telephone and data network daily and monthly.
- Processes all month-end reports for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Inventory.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management. *
*These tasks do not meet the Americans with Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices.
- Skill in analyzing large volumes of data and identifying problems/errors, and ability to correct or resolve them.
- Knowledge of general office procedures, practices and equipment.
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Skill in operating various office equipment.
- Ability to communicate well with others.
- Skills in prioritizing and completing multiple projects.
- Ability to demonstrate dependability through good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality guidelines in accordance with company policy.
- Ability to work independently and maintain efficient workflow.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player and project a positive attitude.
- Ability to meet firm deadlines with accuracy.
Education and Experience Desired
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each item under “Essential Job Functions” satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2 or 4-year degree in accounting, or equivalent work experience
- A clear understanding of the fundamentals or accounting
- 3-5 years of mid-level accounting experience
- Proof U.S. Work Eligibility
- On-going training when deemed by Management
- Valid Driver’s License
Please send your resume to email@example.com or stop in to see us at 35 1st Ave NE, Harmony, MN 55939.